Friday, November 6, 2009

Recently Laid Off? So Was I... But, That's Still No Excuse!



Hi Everyone! This is Rebecca, Tricia and Steve's newest Fitness Account Executive with Home Fitness. I met them about a month ago after I lost my job as a Marketing Manager. Now, this is not to tell you about my story, but it's to let you know that you're NOT alone out there.

I got off the phone today with one of Steve's former clients. She informed me that she had just lost her job. Knowing what I had gone through, inspired me to write this blog.

I got my "pink slip" back in July. Boy, what a hit that was to my budget! I started cancelling services, downgrading my cable and cell phone plans, stopped shopping at Sendik's and started looking at Big Lots instead. What was my largest expense per month, besides my car? My fitness class. So, I immediately called my instructor to cancel my monthly "auto-withdrawal" for services. Was I surprised (in a good way) by his response!!

He had been so impressed with my progress and told me that I was an "inspiration to others" in the class. He said that, "during these tough times, it's so easy to lose focus on what's important." (I thought he was referring to me finding a job.)

When you're down, it's easy to lose motivation. You put all of your focus on finding a job. And when that doesn't happen right away you start to feel depressed and anxious, you feel tired all the time (simply because you're not moving), tension begins to build in our bodies, and you actually make yourself susceptible to illness. I know, because it happened to me.

In order for me to stay focused, forever-energized, and on-track, he insisted that I continue in the fitness class, and even agreed to bend a payment or two, helping me out with the finance part! I was very fortunate to have met him. Staying in shape has made such a difference in the way that I approach my job search. And let me say, it really helps boost the confidence level during interviews!

I'm also very fortunate to have met Steve and Tricia. What a wonderful business they have! Fitness is so important and I beg you to not let finances, time, energy or any other excuse, get in your way of TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE! I cannot stress it enough. Home Fitness makes it SO easy, too! I mean, they come to you! They bring everything you need to get a power-charged workout in, in the comfort of your own home! What could be better than that?!?

The holidays are right around the corner. We KNOW there will be lots of food to be eaten, and lots of family to see. Can you just hear the excuses creeping in?? I can ;) Let's do something about that today. What do you say?!

No comments:

Post a Comment